Monday, July 6, 2009

Finally finished with the Twilight Series!

Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4)
by Stephenie Meyer


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
Finally, I'm through with the Twilight series! [1] This was my favorite in the series, as Meyer used less foreshadowing (which lead to actually surprising plot twists). This book also told part of the story through Jacob's eyes, which was pretty cool. Jacob is, in my opinion, the most interesting character in the book. He actually has real life issues and emotions, and struggles to find the correct balance. Edward and Bella, on the other hand, are very self absorbed and have very one tracked minds.


The book, overall, though, was very compelling and I had a hard time putting it down (between this and writing code, I've been a bit of a hermit).


I was disappointed at the end, though. Much like a Cinnabon, it was delicious at the start, but the hyper sweetness left me with a stomach ache by the time I was finished.


I think my next book will have to be nonfiction, so I can maybe read it and maintain a life at the same time. ;-)


[1] yes, I know there is another book being written from Edward's perspective, but I understand that it overlaps, time wise, with Twilight, which is not very compelling to me. More interesting would be covering the prior 80 years of Edward's life as a vampire, before Bella came into his life. Think of how The Vampire Lestat was a wonderful companion to Interview with a Vampire. I know Edward tells us over and over that his life began when he met Bella, but I find such sentiments belittling to those who have spent time with you before.


View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment